November 5, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog!

For those of you that don't know me, my name is John Steele - I sometimes go by the handle stjohn70. If you haven't heard of me, then you're probably in the vast majority.

I've been playing Warhammer 40k since 1998 and tactical games for ten years more than that. My first 40k army was Blood Angels, and I quickly found the love that was 3rd Edition's Rhino Rush. I generally won more than I lost - but it took 4th Edition's vehicle punishing ways to make me take an army that made me think about what was happening on the tabletop.



So I started playing Sisters of Battle. The Witch Hunter codex had come out right at the end of 3rd, and it still played well in 4th, so I dove in. Man, was I surprised at the amount of crap that there was on the Internet about how to play armies. I eventually got pretty good at them and ended up posting a fairly comprehensive Mechanized Sisters of Battle Tactica - you can still find it out there with a bit of Google (it was on Dakka, Warseer, and B&C at the very least). Be warned, it applies to 4th Ed. You can follow it to make a very... ok army in 5th, but I digress.

I went on to play with Andrew Sutton, or Stelek of YesTheTruthHurts.com fame (or infamy, depending on your viewpoint), where I am also an author. Andy has so much more blogging energy than I do though, and anything I post gets buried quickly in the 10-20 posts per day that he makes (when does he sleep?). So I figured that I would put roots down in my own corner of the so-called Blogosphere where I can post as frequently or infrequently as I desire.

That's all I have for now. Stay for a while, we'll see how it works out.

2 comments:

  1. Nice place, think I'll stick around.

    /followed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the blog John. Added in my blog (http://imperiusdominatus.blogspot.com) and become a follower too ;)

    ReplyDelete