June 9, 2010

Dunkin Donuts

I have a story to tell. This story is true. The names and places have not been changed to protect the innocent, because there are no innocent in this case.

I present the following for your consideration:

Mike Brandt has been working with Andy (from YTTH) and me to try to get us out to the NOVAOpen, even though Andy is still unemployed at this time. After some going back and forth I had, by all rights what I consider to be, a brilliant idea.

The conversation as it actually happened:

Me: Hey Mike, I just thought of a great way to sponsor our whole trip out there!
In addition to the regular events, sell tix for throws at the Stelek Dunk Tank. Andy will sit up there telling them their throws are shit, that they've deployed their feet incorrectly for the throw, and that he has sat in dunk tanks for 10+ years and has NEVER been dunked. ;)

MVB: *sigh* If I do that I'm going to have to take pictures, to prove he was in the Dunk Tank.

Me: Crap on a stick, I'm a genius! You'd get half of Dakka and all of the WC just on principle.
Oh, and you could stream it live on the Internet for unlimited ROI.

MVB: This could actually happen, since Blow Fly, Hulksmash, DashofPepper, etc. etc. are all going to be there, AND we'll be live podcasting netceleb matches on Fri night before the open ... so we'll have the live part going on.
oh em gee

Needless to say, I could no longer contain myself and had to share. :)

13 comments:

  1. I'm totally innocent, wtf are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is easily entertained...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been the spices in the chicken, cause ideas like that just don't show up on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @car - ...and?
    @mvb - riiiiight
    @stelek - simple pleasures for simple minds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may just have to start saving up for Nova, I wasn't planning on going, but maybe I would for this! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I told Jwolf that if he could get Stelek to WarGamesCon, I'd be happy to sit in the dunk tank next to his. :)

    ReplyDelete